Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Car buying procedure Through CSD Canteen

Administrator
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Car buying procedure Through CSD Canteen

How to Buy cars from , Army, Navy , Air Force canteen by Serving and ex-servicemen personnel?
    As we know that that since Feb 2012 there is slightly change in procedure of buying vehicle through csd as Directorate General Canteen Services (DDGCS) at the QMG's branch has issued direction due to budgetary constraints and authorized to grant permission on case to case basis, A special 'Car Sanction Cell' is being established at To , Car Cell , Integrated HQ of MOD (Army), QMG's Branch , Dy Dte Gen Canteen Services , L-1 Block, Room No. 16 ,New Delhi- 110001 Phone numbers (011) 23092563 and 23093572. So here we will discuss the complete details as how to buy cars from csd step by steps.

Choose your choice of model and company.
    This is choice of individual which model he want to buy from csd. Check out the list of cars available through CSD and choose as per your requirement. Hyundai Motors, Maruti Suzuki , Honda Motor, Tata Motor, Toyota most of the model are available but few model are not available through CSD. Still if you want to buy some model from Maruti which is not available than that model also can be purchased. For that you have to liaise with the Company showroom and pay the difference of cost.

Next steps obtain special sanction From DDGCS
    After choosing your brand download form given in next post and fill it carefully, get it signed by competent authority (Incase of serving Commanding Officer and in case of retired OIC District soldier board and then apply to DDGCS New Delhi for special sanction. As per my knowledge and experience this sanction you will get with in 3 weeks. Mostly they send the sanction letter to your home address by mail.

Step 2 Get signatures on form From Competent Authority and take availability certificate from Car Show Room
    After receiving special sanction from DDGCS visit car showroom and take vehicle availability certificate and purchase forms along with canteen rate of your choice vehicle . Take signature of competent authority on purchase form. Visit your nearest bank for bank draft in favor of canteen store department of the amount equal to the cost of your choice vehicle as per the canteen rates .

Step 3 Visit to the Canteen store Department
    Visit your nearest canteen store department along with , special sanction letter from DDGCS, Duly signed Purchase form, Vehicle available Certificate, Identity Card( Discharge Book In case of Ex-servicemen) , Leave certificate ( Not applicable for ex-servicemen), PAN Card. After deposing Purchase form along with special sanction the canteen store department will issue you a pay order.

Last Step Handover pay order and take your vehicle from showroom
    Handover the pay order to the car showroom and take delivery of your car. Some time it may happen that the show room will not handover the vehicle same day due to not availability on that day but they can not delay more than 7 days.

Most Important bargain for cost of accessories of vehicles and also take the cash back of offer price.
    Friends Offer price is also applicable on canteen price, so do not forget to take your car offer price cash back. Also do the bargaining on Accessories. All these will save your minimum 30 to 50 thousand rupees.

Car Loan when buying through CSD
    Car Loans are also provided by various financial institution and banks when any one wants to buy car through csd. Just contact the bank or institution and also do bargaining on interest rate also.

Car models available through CSD : click here to downlaod

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dinesh Kaushik For This Useful Post:

ajit kumar (08-15-2013),Dreamcatcher (08-13-2013),kkperumal (03-08-2014)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Format for Special Sanction for Car Buying Canteen
    (Refer Para 3 Of DDGCS letter No. 96410/Q/DDGC Dt Jun 12)

Application Format for Special Sanction for Car)

From …………….
    ……………………………………….
    ………………………………………..
    ………………………………………..
    …………………………………………

To ,
    Car Cell
    Integrated HQ of MOD (Army)
    QMG's Branch
    Dy Dte Gen Canteen Services
    L-1 Block, Room No. 16
    New Delhi- 110001

REQUEST FOR GRANT OF SPECIAL SANCTION FOR
    PURCHASE CAR FROM CSD

1. I, No…………………………Rank……………Name………………………… am presently posted with ………………………………( Name of Unit/Fmn/Org) and have …………………………years of services.

Or
    1 I, No…………………………Rank……………Name………………………… am Retd/Ex-Serviceman/Other Entitled Car Personnel.

2. You are requested to consider my application for grant of special sanction for the purchase of car for my personal use from CSD. My particulars are as under:-

(a) Service: Army/Navy/Air Force

(b) Cat- Offr/JCO/PBOR/Other entitled Personal

(c) Year of purchase of last car from CSD ………………………………………

(d) Reasons for seeking Special Sanction for purchase of Car.

(e) CSD Depot from which car is to be Purchased

(f) Car Model to be purchased

(g) Address for communication:-

3. It is certified that I am eligible to buy a car through CSD, as per existing instruction on the subject.

4. It is also certified that the car applied is for my personal use and will not be sold/ transferred to any person during the nest two years, as per the order on the subject.

5. I affirm that the above details , as submitted are correct and shall be adhered to.

6. I am Liable to pay the entire excise/Sales Tax concessions and or face disciplinary proceeding in case of any violation of above.

Date: - Signature of Applicant)

COUNTERSIGNATURE OF OC UNIT/ COMPETENT AUTHORITY

It is certified that the information/ particulars/details given by the applicatnt are verified/scrutinized and found correct.

Date: ( Signature of the Competent Authority)

(Unit Record Stamp)

Supportive Member
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have send application for special sanction on 27 th may till now i have not received my special sanction. I have made somany calls to office but no bdy picked up the phone.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by adorablesinha View Post
    I have send application for special sanction on 27 th may till now i have not received my special sanction. I have made somany calls to office but no bdy picked up the phone.
    Have you tried to contact the above two numbers given in the post ?

Supportive Member
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinesh Kaushik View Post
    Have you tried to contact the above two numbers given in the post ?
    I have called up two numbers given in the post but no reply, no bdy picked up phone. Tried so may times.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Dear Sinha,

Nothing moves in the Govt unless you grease the palms or use your special power to get the results. I suggest you to file the following RTI application with Indian Army. Within a week all the bells would start ringing and you would get the reply of your letter at your doorstep. Try if you dont believe it. Enclose an Indian Postal Order of Rs 10 in favor of GSO1, RTI Fund and send your application through speed post.

FORM-“A” (See Rule 3)
    Application under “Right To Information Act-2005”

To ,
    CPIO / ADGAE
    RTI Cell, G-6, D-1 Wing
    Sena Bhawan, Gate No.-4
    Integrated Head Quarter of MoD (Army)
    DHQ PO New Delhi -110011

From
    ------------------------- (your name)
    --------------------------- (Your address_
    ----------------------------
    ---------------------------- Date :

Sub : Requesting for information under section 6(1) of the
    Right To Information Act- 2005

Information Required:-
    Concerned Deptt :- Canteen Store Depot
    Period for which information required:- Current
    Details of information required:-
    I have applied for special sunction for my car on __________ but till date no response has been received from CSD department. I therefor would like to have following information from CSD department related to sanction of my car.

1. Please provide me date on which my application for special sanction of car was received by CSD depatment.
    2. As per rule of CSD in how much time action should be taken on application received for special sanction of car.
    3. Name, Rank, designation and official address of officer who was suppose to take action on my application but has failed to do that.
    4. As per rule of your department, what action can be taken against a officer who deleys an application without a valid reason.
    5. Please provide certified copy of my application held in your department along with note/remarks given by the officers.
    6. Total number of application for special sanction of car received by CSD department in the year 2012 and 2013.
    7. Number of applictions where the permission for sanction of car was delayed for more than two month and reason for delay of each.

I am enclosing herewith an Indian Postal Order No. __________ for Rs. 10 drawn in favor of GSO1, RTI Fund payable at New Delhi and copy of identity proof (voter ID, Pan card etc.)

(Name and Signature)
    Date :
    Place :- ……………..

Supportive Member
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sir , i strongly believe in RTI, i will dothe same as suggested by you. Tons of thanks for needful information. I admire your work. Sir if u dnt mind i would like to associate with u and your work.
    Regards!

Administrator
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by adorablesinha View Post
    Sir , i strongly believe in RTI, i will dothe same as suggested by you. Tons of thanks for needful information. I admire your work. Sir if u dnt mind i would like to associate with u and your work.
    Regards!
    Thank you very much. It will be my pleasure to have you in my team. Please browse through the site and all the feature we have so that you can join me as moderator of this site.

Supportive Member
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    sir,
    May I know that is it mandatory to have a domicile certificate for buying a 4 wheeler.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ajit kumar View Post
    sir,
    May I know that is it mandatory to have a domicile certificate for buying a 4 wheeler.
    No as an ex-serviceman you dont need any domicile certificate.